Thursday, November 6, 2008

Good News!!!!!!

I know it has been a while since my last update. Well it is official now, after the August Board of Trustees Meeting approval was granted to begin fundraising efforts for 302. The car was moved out of Barn #6 into Barn #7 where an evaluation of the roof will commence. This is all the news I have so far, when I know more all of you will. Now that approval has been granted I will also send this blog out to some of the traction Email lists I belong to. Please feel free to pass this along to anyone who may be interested in learning more about 302, or to anyone who may have more information about the history of the car. In other news, I have also dug up another photo (above) of 302 taken at the Pope's Island carhouse in New Bedford by the late Charles Duncan.

Kind of unrelated to this but I am also building a 1/2" scale model of 302 that will run on G scale track, I know it is not 1000% to scale but at least I can run it in my backyard as well as on my Father's layout. Here is a shot of what has been done to date:
I am still not 100% sure if I will use the Bachmann roof or continue to scratchbuild my own. I'll keep you all posted.


No comments: